Pages

Monday, July 28, 2014

About Home :: Rebuilding


Here is something entirely obvious, that I lost sight of for a while; and when I remembered it, couldn't get to it from where I was: that to live a life centered around home and the work of tending and creating that home, you must be at home.  Here is another obvious truth that was overlooked: a person who needs quiet will eventually run dry going full-on, no matter how good the goings-on may be.

But the good thing about getting all out of whack is that it teaches you something.  It's like learning to ride a bike: lean too far to one side, and down you go, scraped knees and elbows, bruises and all.  It doesn't feel so good, but now you know a little better how to stay balanced and maybe next time catch yourself wobbling and adjust as needed before hitting the pavement.

I'm taking August to rebuild, to tend those scrapes and bruises and refill the dried-up bits; to reassess, get my feet firmly underneath me again.  So, it will be quiet here for a time I think, though I may be back now and then.  I hope the rest of your summer is filled with those things that keep you balanced and grounded in your days.  I'll see you back here when I've found that place, too.

1 comment:

  1. Gosh, Annie- I feel I could have written these very words.
    Have a wonderful, restful, peaceful summer.
    Melanie :)

    ReplyDelete